InnoVent Privacy Statement
The InnoVent Rental and Asset Management Solutions (Pty) Ltd (InnoVent) Privacy Statement covers InnoVent (Registration Number 2003/013350/07), including any of its subsidiaries: Qrent, Qstore and V-Track. InnoVent takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information very seriously, and we will only use your personal information in accordance with this Statement and/or legislation applicable to a transaction. It is important that you read this Statement carefully before submitting any personal information to InnoVent.
InnoVent Privacy Statement Introduction:
This Statement sets out how your personal information will be used by InnoVent and applies to any information, including personal and special personal information, that is provided by yourself or processed from third parties. By submitting any personal information to InnoVent you provide consent to the processing of your personal information as set out in this Statement and the provisions of this Statement are subject to mandatory, unalterable provisions of legislation of the Republic of South Africa. Please do not submit any personal information to InnoVent if you do not agree to any of the provisions of this Statement. If you do not consent to the provisions of this Statement, or parts of the Statement, InnoVent may not be able to provide its products and services to you.
InnoVent is known as:
A turnkey solution to finance and manage a spectrum of standard and specialised equipment that you will need to run your business effectively.
Unlike conventional financing, we offer subsidised finance. Meaning, you will get full usage of the equipment over the leasing term without having to pay the full purchase price.
In addition, InnoVent’s asset management solution assists organisations with the management of their assets during the duration of the lease and our reverse logistics process eliminates the hassles of storing and disposing obsolete assets.
This end to end solution will see your assets through their entire asset life cycle from procurement, to maintaining your assets while they are in your environment, and the eventual disposal of those assets, with flexible replacement options.
Terms that are of importance:
“InnoVent” or “we” shall include the following: InnoVent Rental and Asset Management Solutions (Pty) Ltd, including any of its subsidiaries known as Qrent, Qstore and V-Track “Client” or “you” means any prospective, new or existing client or any employee of InnoVent. “Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013” is hereinafter referred to as POPIA.
“Personal Information”, “Information”, and/or “Personal Data” shall have the same meaning as Personal information as defined in section 1 of POPIA.
Amendments to the Privacy Statement:
We may amend this Statement from time to time for any of the following reasons:
- to provide for the introduction of new systems, methods of operation, services, products, property offerings or facilities;
- to reflect an actual or expected change in market conditions or general financial services or lending practices;
- to comply with changes to any legislation that will impact POPIA;
- to ensure that this Statement is clearer and more favourable to you;
- to provide for more adequate and reasonable technical measures to safeguard and process your personal information;
- to rectify any mistake that might be discovered from time to time; and/or
- for any other reason which InnoVent, in its sole discretion, may deem reasonable or necessary.
Any such amendment will come into effect and become part of any agreement you have with InnoVent when notice is given to you of the change by publication on our website. It is your responsibility to check the website often, to ensure that you understand how we process your personal information, in which event we shall always process your information in terms of POPIA.
How does InnoVent handle security and privacy on the website?
We endeavour to keep our website secure at all times. We do however advise you that we cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to us or by us through our website, email, internet or social media. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control. We therefor advise you to ensure that you use a secured network at all possible times when you enter any sensitive personal information.
Possibility of third party websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites outside of InnoVent, in which case we are not responsible for the content, privacy or security of such third party websites.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Social Plugins that we use:
We use social plugins of social networks such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter. Please note that we have no influence on or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ interfaces and we can accordingly not be held responsible or liable for any processing or use of personal information transmitted via these social plugins. For information on the purpose and extent of the data retrieval by the social network concerned, and about the rights and settings possibilities for the protection of your private sphere, please refer to the data protection information provided by the social network in question.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, address, contact details, date of birth, place of birth, identity number, passport number, bank details, details about your employment, tax number and financial information;
- Records of correspondence or enquiries from you or anyone acting on your behalf;
- Details of transactions you carry out with us;
- Details of contracts, sales or leases you carry out with us;
- Your special personal information relating to your race/ethnic origin, trade union membership, health/sex life, criminal behaviour or biometric information, if you are an employee within InnoVent or any of its subsidiaries;
- Your credit history, where you have applied for credit or where we have agreed to provide credit to you; and
- Sensitive or special categories of personal information, including biometric information, such as images, fingerprints and voiceprints.
We may process personal information about children (person under the age of 18 years), for a purpose as set out in Section 35 of POPIA. If you are a child please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to do so.
We will collect your personal information in the following manner:
You may provide personal information to us either directly or indirectly, by completing an application for our products and services or requesting further information about our products and services, whether in writing, through our website, over the telephone, through InnoVent Subsidiaries or any other means.
We may receive information about you:
When you contact us directly, either via our website, web chat service, our Customer Service teams, by email, telephone or via social media, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request;
- From our network of authorised InnoVent Subsidiaries
- From third parties, such as credit bureaus, when we do credit checks or decide whether to enter into an agreement with you
- Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass your information on to us;
- Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training and quality assessment purposes
- From a third party where you provided consent for such party that we may contact you;
- Any personal information that has been made public by you.
How we store your personal information:
We continuously implement technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we hold against unauthorised access as well as accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction however you should remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is also important that you take all necessary and appropriate steps to protect your personal information yourself (for example, by ensuring that all login details, including passwords and access codes are kept secure, and not to commonly use Public internet providers)
How will we process your personal information?
We take the privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously and will only process your personal information in accordance with the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
Accordingly, InnoVent will comply with the relevant data privacy principles or conditions relating to the processing (including, but not limited to, the collection, handling, transfer, sharing, correction, storage, archiving and deletion) of your personal information. InnoVent employees attend regular data protection training to ensure that we process your personal information in accordance with POPIA.
We will retain your information:
We may retain your personal information indefinitely, unless you object, in which case we will only retain it if we are permitted or required to do so in terms of legislation to the particular purpose for such processing. However, as a general rule, we will retain your information in accordance with retention periods, unless we need to retain it for longer for a lawful purpose (for example, for the purposes of complaints handling, legal processes and proceedings).
Your data protection rights:
You have a right in certain circumstances to request the destruction or deletion of and, where applicable, to obtain restriction on the processing of personal information held about you. You have a right to object on reasonable grounds to the processing of your personal information where we claim such processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to which the information is supplied. You may also request InnoVent to correct or supplement any of your personal data in which InnoVent will undertake as soon as practicable
Any requests for the above, you can contact requestsIR@innovent.co.za You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”). Fees to obtain a copy or a description of personal information held about you are prescribed in terms of PAIA. Confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information about you may be requested free of charge. If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal information held by InnoVent please review our PAIA Manual.
We may share your information with third parties:
- Other InnoVent subsidiaries, our agents and sub-contractors, third parties who process personal information on our behalf and InnoVent companies, or affiliates, in South Africa and in other countries;
- Our authorised InnoVent Retailers/Agencies;
- Our carefully selected business partners, including those who provide products and services under any of our brands;
- Our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf;
- Any person who has agreed or is considering to provide security for your indebtedness, including any surety, guarantor, potential surety or potential guarantor under any finance document who requests such information to evaluate any actual or potential liability under such suretyship or guarantee;
- A prospective buyer or seller of any of our businesses, assets or debt;
- A person who acquires substantially all of the assets of a InnoVent Subsidiary;
- Any person if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with legislation, court orders or public law duties, or to protect the rights, property or safety of InnoVent, its clients or other third parties;
- Other lenders or banks, collection agencies, lawyers, accountants, auditors, regulators and law enforcement agencies, to the extent necessary to protect, preserve or enforce InnoVent’s rights and interests in respect of any agreement or any finance document or to respond to any legal enquiry or to comply with any regulatory obligation;
- Any other InnoVent Subsidiary and any assignee or potential assignee of InnoVent rights and/or obligations under any agreement or any person with whom any InnoVent may otherwise consider entering into a contract in relation to a relevant finance document; and
- Your agent or any other person acting on your behalf, an independent financial advisor or an introducer, informing them of the outcome of your application and whether we have agreed to provide you with the product, service or offering you have applied for. We may also disclose information about you and your relationship with InnoVent to such person throughout the term of that relationship.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties for any purpose permitted in terms of legislation, including to:
- assess and monitor any of your applications for InnoVent products or services, including the risk involved to comply with legislation;
- determine which products and services may be of interest to you and/or to send you information about such products and services, unless you object or choose not to receive such communications;
- expedite credit applications;
- make decisions regarding the extension of credit;
- keep your usual contact within InnoVent informed of the progress of any new applications for new services or products, and the other way around;
- have a better understanding of your circumstances and needs to provide and improve InnoVent products and services;
- comply with legislation requiring InnoVent and/or any third party to collect personal information;
- identify whether other financial institutions have received payment from you due to us;
- detect and report fraud and criminal activities, to identify the proceeds of unlawful activities and to combat crime;
- use for marketing purposes; and
- make reports to any regulator or supervisory authority, including those in foreign jurisdictions, if InnoVent is required to do so in terms of legislation.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, except if:
- we are required to do so for purposes of existing or future legal proceedings;
- we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any agreement we have with you;
- Necessary for purposes of preventing fraud, loss, bribery or corruption;
- they perform services and process personal information on our behalf;
If you do not wish us to disclose this information to third parties, please contact us at the contact details set out herein. We may, however, not be able to provide products or services to you if such disclosure is necessary.
You may share third parties personal information to us:
Where you provide us with the personal information of third parties you should take steps to inform the third party that you need to disclose their details to us and identify us. We will process their personal information in accordance with this Statement. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm to us that you have their permission to do so and that they are aware of the contents of this Statement and do not have any objection to us processing their information in accordance with this Statement.
Integrity of your Personal Information:
We strive to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your personal information at all times. You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details to your Personal Information so that we may amend our records accordingly.
Communication between you and InnoVent:
We (or third parties) may contact you, to inform you about services, products and offerings available from InnoVent, or selected third parties, which we believe may be of interest to you, unless you have unsubscribed from receiving such communications. We will only send you marketing communications if we are entitled to do so under the relevant legislation and you may unsubscribe or opt out from receiving such communications from InnoVent by accessing your online customer profile by making use of the “Unsubscribe” option available on the relevant communication or by contacting InnoVent at any time . You may also contact us utilising the contact details set out in this Statement if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications from us but would now like to hear from us with news on InnoVent’s services and other associated products and services.
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at
Information Officer Details:
Name: David Ian Buck
Address: Upper Grayston Office Park, Block D, 2nd Floor, 152 Ann Crescent, Strathaven, Sandton, Johannesburg
Phone Number: +27 (0) 11 884 8274